Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Mac and Cheese Pizza

So it's been awhile - I know...but with the busy summer winding downI feel like P and I can finally start keeping up with the blog again! The engagement/wedding planning whirlwind along with the craziness of summer weekends made for a few months of not a lot of down time! But here we are...ready for fall (at least I am - can't say the same for P!) and ready to get back to the blog!

This particular recipe reminds me of summer for sure - after a fun night out with friends in downtown Chicago Ian's Pizza is almost a guarantee. The pizza chain started in Madison (another city near and dear to our hearts!) and they serve up some delicious - and interesting - pizzas. My favorite pizza to get is the mac and cheese. It's always one of the 2 slices that I pick! After Food Network Magazine named the mac and cheese pizza the BEST pizza in Wisconsin I knew I had to learn how to make it! I made this recipe with store bought pizza dough and pizza sauce from Trader Joe's - which is nice if you want to make this on a weeknight. Otherwise you can always make the dough and/or sauce from scratch! Also it's good to note that I didn't include measurements because I think you need to put as much or as littel toppings on as you like.



Ian's Mac and Cheese Pizza
1 package refrigerated pizza dough
1 jar pizza sauce
1 package creme fraiche (I found mine in the specialty section of my local Whole Foods)1/2 box of macaroni
Mozzarella cheese, shredded
Sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
Medium cheddar cheese, shredded
Cornmeal or Flour
Salt
Pepper



(Obviously NOT my picture! I didn't remember to take one - but how DELICIOUS does this look??)


Let dough sit at room temperature for about 30-40 mins in an oiled bowl  (we have found that leaving it out that long makes it MUCH easier to work with). While the dough is resting, boil a pot of water and cook the macaroni for about 5 minutes (it will keep cooking when in the oven) - drain and set aside. Preheat oven to  400 degrees.

Pour cornmeal or flour (we like cornmeal) on a rolling mat. Pour dough onto rolling mat and work until you get the desired size pizza. Drizzle olive oil on dough and top with layer of creme fraiche. Then put a layer of the shredded mozarella cheese. Next put a layer of the cooked macaroni. Top the noodles with a mixture of the 2 kinds of cheddar. Season with salt and pepper. Bake for about 20-23 minutes.



CHEERS!


No comments:

Post a Comment