Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Avocado Bruschetta Chicken


P was at his parents' house yesterday helping with a few things which meant I was on my own for dinner. I really like having a few dinners to myself to make delicious meals that P would NEVER eat. Most of the time that means Chinese food (either homemade or  - if I'm feeling really crazy - delicious, fatty take out) but tonight I wanted to go with something healthy. We are going to Puerto Vallarta for a little Valentine's Day trip next week and I am trying to eat as healthy as I can for the next week! Speaking of eating healthy...I have a new obsession - Chobani Bites.


To Die For. I'm almost done with my Coffee with Chocolate Bites and then I'll be onto the Raspberry and Dark Chocolate. YUM. And they are only 100 calories each! Perfect afternoon snack!

Now onto the recipe! It comes from one of my favorite food blogs - Iowa Girl Eats. She has great recipes and fitness tips - always an entertaining read!

Avocado Bruscetta Chicken

1 chicken breast (pounded thin)
3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
Trader Joes Bruschetta mix
1 Avocaodo (sliced)
Mozzarella Cheese (as much or as little as you want!)
Seasoned salt & pepper
Olive oil

Bring the balsamic vinegar to a simmer in a pot. Let this simer for about 20 minutes until it is reduced slightly and thickens.

Start heating a frying pan. Season the chicken breast with the seasoned salt and pepper and brush with olive oil. Cook the chicken breast for about 5 minutes on each side until cooked through. When chicken is cooked, place on a broiler safe dish (I use my Le Creuset baking dish) and put slices of avocado on top. Put a couple of tablespoons of the bruschetta mix on top of that and cover with 2-3 slices of mozzarella cheese (or you can use shredded mozz cheese).

Put under the broiler until the cheese is melted and bubbling. Take out and splace on a bed of spinach. Drizzle the balsamic reduction over the chicken.




CHEERS!
K


Barely adapted from Iowa Girl Eats

No comments:

Post a Comment