Thursday, September 8, 2011

Tortellini Bake

I am always looking for an easy, quick recipe for those nights when we are too busy to make a really involved meal. P isn't the biggest fan of pasta so we don't have it often but I really like it - especially the ease of it! 

Because of camping this past weekend I didn't have much time to prepare a menu so I just went with some good standby recipes. Trader Joe's has this delicious, cheap tortellini that I love to get. I wanted to make it a little more exciting than just a regular boiled pasta for P so I decided to go with a baked tortellini. He said it was definitely better than just plain pasta - so I think it was a success! It requires very little prep and only a few ingredients. You could definitely amp it up by adding some veggies and meat - I'll probably try that next time.


Tortellini Bake
 
 
  • 1 package tortellini (any flavor); if frozen - thaw pasta before baking
  • 1 jar meat spaghetti sauce
  • Shredded mozzarella cheese (or any italian mixture)
 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl, combine pasta, sauce and a few handfuls of cheese. Pour into a greased baking dish. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and stir. Bake covered for another 25 minutes. Sprinkle desired amount of cheese on top and contiue baking (uncovered) for about 5 minutes until the cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
 
 
 
CHEERS!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment